Fine Acts bridges human rights and arts to achieve social change by bringing together activists and artists from across the world.
Our mission is to:
- Nurture collaborations: We bring together diverse activists and artists from across the globe to work on collaborative art projects.
- Produce powerful art: We curate, commission and promote contemporary art.
- Create effective advocacy: We work with trailblazing, groundbreaking nonprofits, designing and implementing tailor-made, advocacy or awareness-raising campaigns for their needs.
- Boost innovation: We design and apply novel formats to explore the intersection of human rights, art and technology.
- Support organisations: We consult and train organisations and individuals in creative thinking and utilising art as a tool for social change.
We believe that art is one of the best ways to challenge social injustices. Art can connect us to issues on a deeper, emotional level. It can create a visceral responses and provoke us to act. By producing and supporting socially engaged art, and by championing it into public and cultural spaces, we aim to raise awareness, trigger action, and foster greater support for human rights.
One of our most recent works can be found here: Project Light.
Fine Acts is a global nonprofit, operating across issues and borders since 2015.
Yana Buhrer Tavanier – Co-founder, Director
Julie Freeman – Co-founder, Creative Director
Pavel Kounchev – Co-founder, Advisor
Svetla Baeva – Campaign Director
Ana Alexieva – Producer
Martina Koleva – Digital/Organisational Lead